Wednesday, September 12, 2007

1st interview

BEFORE

Hehe well I must say I was pretty excited, nervous & all at once … The day before my interview which would be yesterday, I was really busy with gym, then had to rush to buy a nice suit ( I have 2,but I wanted to get a skirt suit this time) & be back on ice in 4hrs…so drove to OU with Tariq (haha his story of going early for his flight 2DAYS EARLIER was hilarious) went to Zara, their skirts made me look big( as I don't have a really filled ass ok & I'm petite) went to G2000 nothing went to Parkson also nothing, in the end I told tariq if by 6 I didn't find anything it's over no need to buy…Lucky enough just before that we stopped over to see PADINI & they had a nice stretch skirt saiz XS J & I bought 1wrap around tops which I wore for the interview… Had to rush for class, got back tired, didn't iron my outfit nor prepare any document to bring along… Because I wasn't really ready, set the alarm for 7am!! (my interview was only at 10am Hicom Glenmarie) drag myself out of bed at 8 only haha, rush to iron my outfit, search ,dig hunt for relevant doc, got ready left the house at 9 went to office to print my resume :P & then left at 9.30 panicked was gonna be late, arrived 5mins before..YEAAAAAAAAA…

DURING

Met this lady Wan Sariah who is if not mistaken the producer of the show Life! Session, so she briefed me I would first become a Broadcast Journalist for the show; I will come up with the idea for the program, get the story, arrange all necessary things for the show, record & label the timing of the visual, follow them if there is any coverage travel… (I'm not a mass com student mind you, so she had to explain in detain bit more) than she made me write anything to test my writing skills I chose to write bout skating since I'm very familiar with it… then she explained that it's not a 9-5pm job but its flexible & sometime uncertain hours (which means I maybe at work till 2am) haha she asked what was my expected I just threw a figure and she said it was a bit high for them to pay me as I'm marketing director ;) haha… so I told them ok I'm fine with their highest offer which honestly hehe was not bad I felt for me who has no experience at all & no relevant degree which means I have to learn quite a bit but I love the challenge…

AFTER

The interview wasn't really long took probably bout half hour or less… it was just a briefing more likely… so if I'm suitable for the post, they will call me for another interview which is to say I'm 80% confirm for the job… J pretty exciting huh… now I'm confident I will get the job, the only question is…… DO I WANT THE JOB??? I'm still thinking…

Pros: I have a job… it's flexible…I get to travel (not so far yet I guess)…something new, different & challenging

Cons: Uncertain working hours…I'm behind the camera :P I'll be facing stress & datelines…pay ok only… I think I have a lot of work to do ;)

 

No comments: